Monday, January 16, 2006

OVER THE WEEKEND

Faith something my mother knows little about having in a person or in there dreams. She believes that if you can’t hold it with both your hands it isn’t real.

I watched on Friday night I think it was 20/20 a thing about Stupid in America how our school system is making our children stupid. And to a point I agree that our school system is lacking and yes some schools may do the whole passing a student even though they may not deserve it. But honestly do people really think that is why our children are growing up stupid?

Come on it starts in the home the father who’s never around or the mother that has to work 2 jobs just to keep a roof over her children’s head and food on the table. And now a days families are a thing of the past parents are divorced most of us never bothered to even walk down the isle.

Somehow a long the way we became a society were we just don’t have the time to spend with our families there for not paying any attention to our kids dreams; so how can they stay motivated. We are too busy worrying about that bill we need to pay or how we are going to come up with the rent. Or the thing that keeps up at night how are we going to get that new thing that our kids are driving us crazy to get for them.

Maybe if our government stopped and helped single parent households or families that make minimum wage to pay there bills we wouldn’t have to worry about so much in turn giving time to be home with our children.

Here’s an idea take someone like me I am fighting with a complete and total ASSHOLE for my child support. I can prove that he is my daughter’s father and he’s not paying the government should give me the money and they should go after him to get there money back. Haven’t they stopped and thought that if they help the kids maybe there won’t be any more well-fare or at lets not as high as it now.

Why should the kids suffer?

I guess this all is coming from a conversation that I had with my mother a little while ago. She’s upset that my father doesn’t help with the car insurance one of them is the one my father is holding for me. She wants to sell it because he’s not helping her. But forget the fact that he’s holding it for me to help me. She wants me to come up with money that I just do not have - money for the insurance. I know that owning a car is a lot responsibility money wise; there’s insurance, gas, up keep etc. So wouldn’t it be irresponsible of me to just jump into and the fact that I never wanted like older sister did or drained my parents on college or a wedding shouldn’t they hang on to the car for me because honestly its not just for me it for me and my daughter.

No comments: