Tuesday, October 10, 2006

SISTERS


I would have to say that after this weekend I have no idea who my sisters are or what goes through there heads. The emails from my younger sister on my myspace page didn’t stop as a matter of fact I still have to reply to her last email. Which she basically said she had no secrets and that the reason she hasn’t called me was because she knew I was upset about her getting married.

Now that is how small minded my sister is she thinks that is reason why I am upset with her. She not even thinking about how she kept it from me and told my older sister, and her ex and friends of hers before she told me.

She also had the nerve to tell me that she hasn’t call me because she knew I was upset with her eloping and she was waiting for me to get over it. The girl pisses me off.

I mean really did she expect me to call her a few days after her announcement and bitch…NO I wasn’t doing that for what? So she can go back to everyone in the family and all her friends and say “You see my sister can’t even be happy for me!”

Mind you I would be happy for her if she did it for all the right reasons. Instead of getting married for whatever reason she did it for; to then cheat on him. It makes no sense to me.

And I know she looking for me to get upset and loss my temper but I refuse to do that and give her that satisfaction.
Now all I have to do is get her to stop trying to tell me how to run my life because honestly I don’t see her doing such a good job with hers.

2 comments:

AnnaC said...

Sorry to hear that things with your sister continue to be difficult. I know all too well this pain.

Sisterhood is a very complicated concept. On the one hand, sisters, like any family members, are supposed to be slam dunk in the love and support category. But, unfortunately, it seems like sometimes our sisters didn't get that memo.

On the other hand, the relationship you develop as children will generally follow you into adulthood, regardless of how hard you try to reformulate it or grow in it.

For instance, my sisters and I are all spaced very far apart. I am the middle, and my older and younger sisters are 7 years older and younger than me, repectively. My older sister was like my mom, but not in a good way. She felt responsible for me, told me what to do and generally treated me like an annoying child. My mom decided to go back to work when I was in high school, leaving me to be the one to take care of my little sister and brother. I was the horrible older sister who told them what to do, when to brush their teeth and remind them to do their chores. My older sister and younger sister have a great relationship with each other...they are sisters because they never had to play out the mom/daughter thing.

Though I have been trying really hard to develop new relationships with them as an adult, it seems we all fall back into our roles when we are dealing with each other... older sister, younger sister, you know.

It feels like we will never stop replaying all the bad times. Everytime we fight it just opens up all the old wounds.

I am now at the point where I am deciding to stick with my found family of friends who seem to know more about me and actually care about me.

Mica said...

I can completely and totally understand were you're coming from especially with the fact that I am too am a middle child.

And as you I too choose to hang only with the family and friends that truly understand and really care about.

This thing with my sister is over because I honestly don't care enough.